① 2.5mm hex wrench
② 2.0mm hex wrench
③ 1.5mm hex wrench
④ Small flat head screwdriver
1. Power the printer off and remove the 5 bed levelingscrews using a 2.5mm hex wrench.
2. Carefully flip over the heatbed assembly by lifting the back side of the printing bed base over the front side.
3. Loosen the eight retaining screws on the power block terminal, using the small flat head screwdriver, so that the individual cables can slide outward to be removed.
Note: Please label the two different colored wires to ensure that they are properly reinstalled later. The black wires are on the outside.
Also, some wires exiting the cable chain may be difficult to remove from the power block terminal while the grounding wire is still installed.
4. Remove the ground wire’s retaining screw with a 1.5mm hex wrench. Then, remove the 2 screws for the cable chain with a 2mm hex wrench.
5. Remove the retaining screws on the two cable clamps, marked in red boxes below, with a 2mm hex wrench. Then, remove the center screw that retains the power block terminal, using a 2.5mm hex wrench.
6. After removing the 12 screws holding the plastic plate to the heatbed, using a 2mm hex wrench, remove the plastic plate.
7. Peel away the insulation pad to remove it from the silicone heated mat.
8. Remove the screw on the silicone heated mat with the 1.5mm hex wrench.
9. Replace the former silicone heated mat with a new one. Carefully place the new mat on the heatbed base and navigate the thermocouple cables through the center hole.
Return the screw on the silicone heatedmat using the 1.5mm hex wrench.
10. Align and place the insulation pad on the silicone heated mat. Carefully navigate the thermocouple cable through the center hole, and position the plastic plate on top.
Using a 2mm hex wrench, return the 12 screws to secure the plastic plate to the heatbed.
11. Slide the thermocouple cables into the cable clamp loops and affix the clamps to the bed, as shown below.
Return the screw securing the power block terminal using a 2.5 mm hex wrench.
12. Install the two screws, using a 2mm hex wrench, to secure the cable chain to the bed.
13. Tighten the eight retaining screws on the power block terminal, ensuring that the cables within remain properly affixed inside their respective terminals. It is important that the retaining screws are applying a firm clamping force to secure the ends of the cables.
Then, install the retaining screw of the groundwire using the 1.5mm hex wrench.
14. Position the heatbed assembly back on the printer, ensuring that the leveling screws align with the center of the springs and into the threaded mounting holes. Use the 2.5mm hex wrench to engage the leveling screws of the heatbed assembly.
It may be necessary to compress the springsby carefully pushing downward on the bed to install the screws.
15. After completing the replacement procedure and returning the flexible build plate properly, power the printer on and run the Simple Mode bed-leveling feature in the Utilities and Leveling tab, on the RaiseTouch, to ensure that the heatbed is sufficiently leveled for successful printing results.
[12.028.EN.2.0.20231127-E2-How to Replace the Heatbed]