TPU-Resilient and flexible rubber-like filament
TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) is a type of flexible and elastic 3D printing filament. Its rubber-like elasticity, resilience, and durability make it suitable for uses requiring impact-absorption and a soft-touch surface. TPU is suitable for printing models that offers good shock absorbency and requires a soft surface. Examples of TPU 3D printed parts include tubes, seals, bushings and vibration dampeners.
Recommended printing parameters
1. The printer must be ventilated and dissipated. For a 3D printer to achieve proper ventilation, the printer's transparent top cover should not be installed, and the printer door must be open.
2. TPU (1kg) is recommended to be dried at 65 degrees in an electric blast oven for eight hours.
3. Do not over-stretch the filaments, recommend using. It is recommended to use the upper holder.
4. Follow the next steps to prevent model warping during the printing process:
1) The offset between the nozzle and the build plate should be about 0.1-0.15mm.
2) The recommended thickness of the single layer: between 0.1-0.2mm.
3) Recommended nozzle temperature: between 210℃-230℃ (Check the recommended temperature on the filament tray for specific filaments).
4) Recommended build plate temperature: between 25℃-60℃.
5) Turn on the model cooling fan.
6) Do not add Raft when slicing.
7) Recommended printing speed: 20-35 mm/s.
8) Recommended retraction distance: 1mm.
9) Recommended retraction speed: 20 mm/s.
10) Apply PVP high-viscosity glue 1 to 2 times on the model printing area before printing.
11) Remove the transparent filament guide tube. Installing the guide tube will increase the resistance, thus resulting in no extrusion during printing.
3. Precautions for TPU loading:
1) Heat the nozzle. The nozzle's heating temperature is the loading/unloading temperature of the filament used last time.
2) First, clean the remaining filaments from within the hot end with a clean rod. Then tilt the TPU filament and cut a 45-degree bevel. adjust the temperature to a temperature suitable for TPU printing before loading.
3) Then insert the filament.
1. During printing, do not install the transparent top cover. Open the printer door.
1. After printing, wait until the nozzle temperature and the build plate drop to room temperature.
2. Remove the build plate, and wash off the PVP high-viscosity glue in warm water (the water temperature should be within 40℃).
3. Use an ultra-thin shovel to gently shovel down the model.
4. After removing the model, wait until the moisture on the build plate evaporates before installing the plate back on the printer.
Note: Filaments such as PC and ABS have strong adhesion to the build plate. It is recommended to use a 2 inches ultra-thin shovel. You can buy it from the following purchase link.
[Precautions for Printing TPU Filaments -V1.0]