[ Manual N1 - Filament Run-out Sensor Installation Guide - V1.0 ]
List of contents:
A. Filament Run-out Sensor.
B. Filament Run-out Sensor Cable.
D. Bowden Tube with 4mm-OD *2.
E. Cable Tie *4.
1. Turn power switch to the “0” or “Off” state. Once the printer has fully shut down, unplug the power cable.
2. If the original Bowden Tubes on your printer are with 4mm-OD:
If the original Bowden Tubes on your printer are with 6mm-OD:
3. Connect the white Filament Run-Out Sensor cable (B) to the Filament Run-Out Sensor (A). Remove the tape covering.
4. Attach the assembled Filament Run-Out Sensor to the Bowden tubes underneath the couplings.
*It is recommended to mount a spool of filament prior to installation. This will ensure that there is no interference between the spool and the Filament Run-Out Sensor.
5. Move the sensor up until it is parallel with the motor mounting screws. Press and hold the blue buttons on the couplings to release the tubes and adjust the position of the filament out sensor.
6. Pay attention to the filament feeding order for different nozzles in case false alarm.
7. Locate the plastic wire path covering. Remove the covering by pinching and pulling the cover away.
If your printer version has a metal covering, do not attempt to remove it. Wires will be routed along the outside of the machine.
8. Wire Routing
Feed the filament sensor cable through the frame and into the base of the printer through the wire path channel.
If the wire cover is metal, run the cable outside the printer underneath the printer.
9. Detach the Baseplate cover
Lie your printer on it' s left side (Your right when facing the door). And remove the 4 marked screws with a 4mm hex wrench.
10. Open the Electronics Cover
Unscrew the four 2mm hex screws to open the Motion Controller Box.
Use the included adapter (C) to connect the Filament Run-Out Sensor to the motion controller board with the 4-pin end.
Attach the other three ends of the adapter onto the Motion Controller Board as shown in the following pictures:
Red-black cable to EXP3 (slot on terminal face to right),
White Cable to Z+,
Green Cable to Y+.
10. (Optional) Tie the excess cabling in preparation for re-installing the base plate.
11. Re-attach the components that have been removed. This includes:
12. Please download Motion Board Firmware with FRS version from https://www.raise3d.com/pages/filament-run-out-sensor-installation-instruction and Version 0.9.7 Touchscreen Firmware from https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download. Save the two firmwares in USB storage. Attach the USB storage onto the screen and reboot the printer. Continue to the “Motion Controller Firmware Update” for instructions on how to update to the motion board firmware.
[ Manual N1 - Filament Run out Sensor Installation Guide - V1.0 ]