We recommend using a spatula or putty knife with smooth/rounded corners. Avoid using objects with sharp edges or corners that can scratch the BuildTak surface. Scratching the BuildTak surface will accelerate wear and tear. DO NOT use heavy-duty solvents such as acetone to clean it. Use 95% absolute alcohol to clean the build plate.
① 95% anhydrous alcohol
② Clean towel
1. When the build plate cools to room temperature, turn the 2 thumbscrews counterclockwise until the thumbscrews are loose.
Figure 1 Turn the 2 thumb screws counterclockwise to loosen them.
2. Use the red handle on the build plate to slightly lift the build plate, and take the build plate out.
Figure 2 Take the build plate out of the printer.
3. Place the build plate on a flat workbench, use a clean towel dipped in 95% absolute alcohol, and wipe the build plate until the dust and residual filaments on the surface are removed.
Figure 3 Use 95% absolute alcohol to wipe the build plate.
4. Put the cleaned build plate back into the printer. Attach the whole build plate to the heatbed. Make sure the build plate's edge is clamped with the thumbscrew.
Note: Make sure the build plate is completely dry before putting it back in the printer to avoid short circuits.
Figure 4 Put the cleaned build plate back into the printer.
5. When the build plate is at room temperature, turn the two thumbscrews clockwise until the thumbscrews are tight.
Figure 5 Turn the 2 thumb screws clockwise to tighten them.
[ Pro3 Series – How to Clean the Build Plate – V1.0 ]