① Raise3D Premium PLA filament(s)
Section 1 How to load the filament?
1. You will find 2 filament spool holders in the accessory box.
Figure 1 Find the filament spool holder in the accessory box.
2. Open the side door of the printer, install the filament spool holder on the slot. If you want to install two filament spool holders, the holders should be interlaced. Then put two spools of filament on the holders.
Figure 2 install the holder(s) and the filament spool(s).
Note: If the spool is installed at points B and D, keep the filament spool rotating clockwise. However, if it is installed at points A and C, keep the filament spool rotating counterclockwise.
Figure 3 Keep the filament spool rotating in a proper way.
3. Insert the two filaments into their respective quick connectors. In Figure 4, point L is the quick connector of the right extruder, and point R is the quick connector of the left extruder.
Figure 4 Insert the filaments into the quick connectors.
4. Pass the filaments through the guide tube, and then insert the filaments into the left and right extruders.
Figure 5 Insert the filaments into two extruders.
5. Select the “Utilities” tab on the screen.
Figure 6 Enter the “Utilities” tab.
6. Set the temperature of the nozzle to the proper unloading temperature. For example, the Raise3D PLA default loading temperature is 215℃. Here, we use the left nozzle as an example, set the left nozzle temperature to 215℃.
Note: The recommended loading temperature for other filaments is typically 5-10℃ higher than its common printing temperature.
Figure 7 Set the temperature of the nozzle to the proper unloading temperature.
7. Select the “Load” button and the printer will begin to heat. When it reaches the target temperature, select "Load".
Figure 8 Load the filament.
8. The extruder gear will start to rotate. Gently push the filament into the extruder. When the filament extrudes from the nozzle, click "OK" to complete the loading.
Figure 9 Push the filament into the extruder.
9. Confirm that the filament can extrude evenly, and then insert the guide tube back into place. Now you can start printing your model.
Figure 10 insert the guide tube back into place.
How to unload the filament
1. When you are ready to unload the filament, make sure you have finished your printing task or have paused the printing task.
2. Select the “Utilities” tab on the screen.
Figure 11 Enter the “Utilities” tab.
3. Set the temperature of the nozzle to the proper loading temperature. For example, the Raise3D PLA default loading temperature is 215℃. Here, we use the left nozzle as an example, set the left nozzle temperature to 215℃.
Figure 12 Set the temperature of the nozzle to the proper unloading temperature.
4. Select "Unload", and the printer will start heating. When the printer reaches the target temperature, select "Unload". The extruder will pre-extrude the remaining filament and start to withdraw the filament.
Figure 12 Unload the filament.
5. Gently pull the filaments out of the extruder. After the filaments are completely removed from the extruder, select "OK" on the screen to end the unloading.
Figure 13 Gently pull out the filaments from the extruder.
6. Rotate the filament spool to completely pull the filament out of the guide tube. Remove the filament spool from the holder, insert the ends of the filaments into the holes to fix the filament, preventing the filaments from tangling or knotting.
Figure 13 Store the filament spool.
[Pro3 Series- How to Load and Unload the Filament - V1.0]