The Pro3 Series printer is equipped with a flexible build plate. The flexible build plate can be used to easily remove printed parts while minimizing potential damage to the final print. The Pro3 Series printer uses BuildTak as its printing surface, which is an ideal 3D printing surface for your 3D printer. Raise3D recommends replacing the BuildTak surface every 3 months. Replacing the BuildTak surface is a simple and convenient process. There are three main steps: removing the BuildTak surface, cleaning the build plate, and re-applying a BuildTak surface.
Step 1: Remove the BuildTak surface
1. After the printing task is completed, wait for the build plate to cool to room temperature. Turn the thumb screw counterclockwise to loosen the thumb screw.
Figure 1 Turn the thumb screw counterclockwise to loosen it.
2. Hold the red protective handle to gently lift the build plate, then remove it from the printer, and place it on a flat workbench.
Figure 2 Take out the build plate.
3. Hold the build plate firmly with one hand. Use the other hand to peel off a corner of the BuildTak surface and peel it off entirely.
Figure 3 Peel off the BuildTak surface.
Step 2: Clean the build plate
4. After peeling the BuildTak surface from the build plate, check whether there is any residual glue on the build plate. If there is a residual glue, apply some alcohol to the surface of the build plate, and remove the glue with a spatula.
1. If it is difficult to remove the glue with the spatula, you can put the build plate back on the printer, set the temperature of the heatbed to 110℃ and heat it up. After 30 minutes, try again to remove the glue with your spatula.
2. Please install the build plate onto the printer when it is dry. A wet build plate may cause short circuits.
Figure 4 Remove the residual glue on the build plate with a spatula.
Step 3: Re-apply a BuildTak surface
5. Prepare a new BuildTak surface for the Raise3D Pro3 series printer.
Figure 5 Prepare a new BuildTak surface for Raise3D Pro3 series printer.
6. Remove the white adhesive liner behind the BuildTak surface.
Figure 6 Remove the white adhesive liner behind the BuildTak surface.
7. Apply the BuildTak sheet to the bare build plate. Start from one edge of the build plate and work your way to the other edge. Smooth the surface with a scraper such as a feeler gauge to ensure that there are no air bubbles.
Figure 7 Apply the BuildTak sheet to the bare build plate.
8. Put the build plate with the new surface back on the heatbed of the printer.
Figure 8 Put the build plate back to the printer.
9. When the build plate is at room temperature, turn the two thumb screws clockwise until the thumb screws are tight.
Figure 9 Turn the two thumb screws clockwise to tighten them.
10. Recalibrate the flatness of the build plate, and recalibrate the height of the nozzle. Please refer to the relevant tutorials in the Support Center.
[ Pro3 Series – How to Replace the BuildTak Surface – V1.0 ]